Where do I get my password?

roger.parkinson35

21 Mar, 2019 03:31 AM

Running jbilling 4.1.1, I downloaded it and ran the startup (this is binary, not source)
Browse to localhost:8080 and it asks me to set up a company.
Once that is done it takes me to a login page and asks for the password.
What password?

I know it is supposed to have sent an email via my smtp server but that never turns up.
I did try configuring the server in the jbilling.properties file but no luck there and I saw another note that suggested I need to install some plugin, for which I think I need to login and since I can't login that's still no help.

Are there docs for this situation? I've looked but no luck so far. How does anyone ever get started with this?

I found more info on:
http://www.jbilling.com/documentation/users/getting-started/mediation
under the section 'email instructions' where it says:
"all emails are sent to a file in the Resources folder of the application.

Example: C:\Applications\jbilling-community-4.1.1\jbilling\resources\emails_sent.txt

To retrieve this link and view the Reset Password screen: Copy the applicable link from the email_sent.txt file and paste into the address bar of your browser. In the link, replace the text “www.yourcompany.com” with “localhost:8080”, and press Enter. The Reset Password screen will appear."

First problem is that it invokes recaptcha and the version of recaptcha invoked seems to be out of date, doesn't work anyway. There's a setting in jbilling-community-4.1.1/jbilling/jbilling.properties to turn it off:
forgot.password.captcha=false

But once I did that it still didn't create any emails_sent.txt file. No error messages anywhere, just nothing.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

05 Apr, 2019 11:38 PM
21 Mar, 2019 03:31 AM
21 Mar, 2019 02:49 AM