JBilling not being started

Klaas Tammling

26 Sep, 2016 03:52 PM

Hi,

I wanted to give JBilling a try however I really can't get it to fire up. I'm using the community edition and this is what I get:

2016-09-26 15:47:58,621 9054  ERROR [org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoaderListener] (localhost-startStop-1:) Error initializing the application: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManagerPostProcessor': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManagerPostProcessor': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ... 5 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ... 5 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.createTaskRunner(C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.java:145)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.poolsInit(C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.java:174)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.<init>(C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.java:295)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getPoolManager(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:520)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:140)
    ... 5 more
2016-09-26 15:47:58,622 9055  ERROR [org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoaderListener] (localhost-startStop-1:) Error initializing Grails: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManagerPostProcessor': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManagerPostProcessor': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ... 5 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'lobHandlerDetector' while setting bean property 'lobHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ... 5 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lobHandlerDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.<init>(IZLjava/util/Timer;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.createTaskRunner(C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.java:145)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.poolsInit(C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.java:174)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.<init>(C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager.java:295)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getPoolManager(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:520)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:140)
    ... 5 more
26-Sep-2016 15:47:58.622 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Error listenerStart
26-Sep-2016 15:47:58.623 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/jbilling] startup failed due to previous errors
2016-09-26 15:47:58,625 9058  WARN  [org.codehaus.groovy.grails.lifecycle.ShutdownOperations] (localhost-startStop-1:) Error occurred running shutdown operation: BeanFactory not initialized or already closed - call 'refresh' before accessing beans via the ApplicationContext
java.lang.IllegalStateException: BeanFactory not initialized or already closed - call 'refresh' before accessing beans via the ApplicationContext
26-Sep-2016 15:47:58.629 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The web application [/jbilling] appears to have started a thread named [C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->croblk9jsmne7p1htk6eg|6b47c380]-AdminTaskTimer] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
 java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
 java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:502)
 java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:526)
 java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

The OS is a Debian Jessie with OpenJDK 1.8.0_102 (I have also tried the Oracle JRE/JDK). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Technical Suppo... on 17 Oct, 2016 10:52 AM

Hello Klaas,

Please let us know which version of community you are using ?
    Also please refer the installation instruction from here: http://www.jbilling.com/documentation/users/installation/mac-linux

And let us know if you still face the same issue.

Thanks,
    jBilling Technical Support Team

2. 2 Posted by C. Gartmann on 24 Oct, 2016 02:13 PM

Same here: using latest stable 4.1.1 on xenial with Java openjdk version "1.8.0_91"

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Technical Suppo... on 25 Oct, 2016 11:36 AM

Hello Gartmann,

Please make sure that you should not provide any space in extracted path.
    Tthen navigate to /users/YOURHOMEFOLDER/jbilling_install/bin by typing: cd ~/jbilling_install/bin
    Make all current directory files executable by typing: chmod +x *.sh
    At this point, you're ready to start up jBilling. Do so by typing: ./startup.sh

After that please follow the steps from here to create company: http://www.jbilling.com/documentation/users/getting-started/mediation

Please let us know if that helps you.

Thanks,
    jBilling Techincal Suppor Team.

4. 4 Posted by Jeroen De Vries on 01 Dec, 2016 01:09 PM

Hi

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, with the same jbilling version on a Centos with jdk 1.8. No spaces in the paths + I've chmodded the .sh scripts.

Regards,
    Jeroen

5. 5 Posted by Christian Gartm... on 02 Dec, 2016 07:32 AM

On 01.12.2016 14:09, Jeroen De Vries wrote:

6. 6 Posted by Vetri on 04 Feb, 2017 02:41 AM

Hi,

The issue is because of duplicate c3p0 jars in the web-inf lib.

Go to your root folder where you have installed jbilling and do a find (below). This would give you two jars

jbilling-community-4.1.1$ find . -name '*c3p*'
    ./webapps/jbilling/WEB-INF/lib/c3p0-0.9.1.1.jar
    ./webapps/jbilling/WEB-INF/lib/c3p0-0.9.2.1.jar

rename c3p0-0.9.1.1.jar to c3p0-0.9.1.1.jar.moved and restart the server. This should fix the issue.

7. 7 Posted by Vikas@WebDataTe... on 04 Feb, 2017 07:55 PM

Just remove one of the entries from BuildConfig.groovy as well.

8. 8 Posted by Christian Gartm... on 06 Feb, 2017 07:47 AM

On 04.02.2017 03:41, Vetri wrote:

9. 9 Posted by Eric Beaulieu on 15 Mar, 2017 08:21 PM

I'm giving up. I try to install and run on Ubuntu 14, 16 and on Debian 8 and nothing works, I try everything I found on internet and still nothing.

It is possible to find a COMPLET installation guide from start to finish. They are always something missing on all docs I found.

Any help will be appreciated.

10. 10 Posted by ahmed.drira@gma... on 20 Mar, 2017 12:52 PM

are still facing this problem ?
    we can write a shared doc where we write a simple documentation how to install from scratch and share it here
    iet's move jbilling community :)

11. 11 Posted by Éric Beaulieu on 20 Mar, 2017 12:56 PM

Yes I still facing the issue. I fellow the guide and I got no error during the installation but Tomcat doesn’t want to start and I don’t have any acces to jbilling.

Do I have tu use a running web server or I need to start with a fresh OS installation?

Éric

De : [email blocked] [mailto:[email blocked]]
    Envoyé : 20 mars 2017 08:53
    À : Éric Beaulieu <[email blocked]>
    Objet : Re: JBilling not being started [Problems #675]

12. 12 Posted by Christian Gartm... on 20 Mar, 2017 12:58 PM

On 20.03.2017 13:56, Éric Beaulieu wrote:

13. 13 Posted by Christian Gartm... on 20 Mar, 2017 01:00 PM

On 20.03.2017 13:58, Christian Gartmann wrote:

14. 14 Posted by Christian Gartm... on 20 Mar, 2017 01:15 PM

I feel really stupid, but I can't seem to become unsubscribed from this
    thread!

Replying with #ignore for the nth time didn't work. Can someone do that
    for me?

On 20.03.2017 14:00, Christian Gartmann wrote:

15. 15 Posted by ahmed.drira@gma... on 20 Mar, 2017 02:20 PM

no need for a fresh install ,
    the install guide is not up to date i think , but if all your requirement are ok , it will be done ,
    let's begin ,
    your java version ,? grails version ? and your IDE ?

16. 16 Posted by Éric Beaulieu on 20 Mar, 2017 02:30 PM

I just see that Jbilling community edition doesn’t support CDR processing. There is no value anymore for me to use Jbilling

Cordialement

Éric Beaulieu
    Synertic Canada inc.
    8-1187, rue St-André
    Acton Vale, Québec, J0H 1A0
    Téléphone 450-406-3006, poste 2021
    Sans frais: 1-877-661-4717<tel:18776614717>
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

De : [email blocked] [mailto:[email blocked]]
    Envoyé : 20 mars 2017 10:21
    À : Éric Beaulieu <[email blocked]>
    Objet : Re: JBilling not being started [Problems #675]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

13 Jan, 2018 06:26 AM
12 Jan, 2018 02:45 PM
12 Jan, 2018 04:48 AM